Monday, October 1, 2012

28 before I'm 28 - Update 2



I am now 24.5. 3.5 years to go. 
I wanted to update you guys on my list!  

Green is done, blue is in progress, and black is not yet.

1. Learn to throw on the potter's wheel. - my pottery is not the best, but I do throw on a semi-consitent basis. 

2. Have an apartment - make some of my own furniture...furnish it with antiques and quirky items. - done.

3. Finish writing my curriculum series for Children's Ministry. - This one is getting the cut...apparently what I wanted to write has already been written. Bummer dude. 

4. Play tennis on a consistent basis. - back to just being a goal. 

5. Continue to be a learner - read fiction and non-fiction, write, write, and continue writing, dialogue with others who stimulate new ideas and challenge me to grow and think about things in a new way. - I like this one.
6. Surround myself with friends to share life with, and be in a small group. - I'm still hoping for this.
7. Lead a children's ministry. Equip families, tell Bible stories, invest in the lives of children, and love everyone that I meet.
8. Maintain a healthy diet.
9. Buy an Ipad. - The children's ministry got one...so kind of.
10. Hike, bike, kayak, and camp...not just talking about it, but doing it. Well I own stuff, now I just need to use it. 
11. Start on my Master's. - I talked with the Seminary, hopefully in the next year or two this will be blue! 
12. Make my parent's proud.
14. Go on a missions trip.
13. Get published- December! 
15. Find a mentor.
16. Go skiing or snowboarding.
17. Lead someone (hopefully multiple people) to Christ.
18. Learn to play my guitar (not just chords, but actual songs and be good enough to play in front of others).
19. Consistently go to a coffee shop and talk to the people there.
20. Own a dog. - the best dog in the whole world
21. Read through the entire Bible. - I'm not going in order...but I do want to at some point
22. Learn to sew from my mom.
23. Sponsor a child through World Vision. - Compassion won out.
24. Go to a ministry conference (ex. Orange or Simply Youth Ministry) - D6 2012! 
25. Own, and know how to operate, a nice camera.
26. Volunteer at a sea turtle hospital...for at least a day.
27. Own a collection of records...and a record player.
28. Walk in the footprints of Christ getting closer and closer to Him each and every day.

Number 3's replacement -  Network with ministry leaders.

Well, there you have it...I feel pretty good about getting most (hopefully) all of these done by the time I'm 28...there might be a few added and a few nixed as a result of growing and changing, but regardless...here we go!

1 comment: