Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pushing Pause


Last week VBS was a great hit not only with the amount of kids being reached for Christ, but seeing them learn and grow throughout the week was very exciting. Though the week was an extremely busy one, it was definitely worth it.

To follow the week and kick off the holiday weekend, I and nine new friends went canoeing 14 miles on the Colorado River. I sometimes forget just how much I enjoy spending time outside. We started the trip off at a small taco stand sitting next to a gas station...skeptical? You shouldn't be, because those breakfast tacos were delicious. After fueling up, we "dropped in." The next few hours were full of paddling, laughter, and a hot sun (we did stop for a nice swim and lunch).

Being in nature feeling light and free was just what we all needed. After canoeing we stopped at a "Fievel Goes West" looking hamburger joint. While the ten of us crammed around a round wooden table, and a cowboy's tunes played behind me, I couldn't help but feel filled.

Ya know those moments where you are just completely and utterly exhausted? Your muscles ache, your nose is a little burnt, your eyes feel like they could give way to the much needed sleep any second, and you can't think past that moment... Those times when you look around and with a deep sigh and a content heart you realize that for just this short moment time seems to have stopped. Around that table with the sun setting in the background and a much needed cheeseburger and milkshake, I (and hypothetically- you) are given a chance pause and get ready for the next leg of the race...

Though I am completely and utterly thrilled to be running full speed in the race that God has placed me in, I am appreciative of the times that He pushes a pause button in my life. I am grateful that I serve a God who rested on day 7 and asks us to do the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment