Wednesday, December 23, 2009

little ones.

I have this passion for children...

for some reason or another God has really gifted me for working with children and teens. Ever since I was little I have had an understanding of them...like they just get me and I get them...

So I work with these kids from a pretty rough area...sure they aren't always the best behaved...sure they aren't always doing what I tell them, but they are totally awesome.

They smart off, run away, fight, threaten, laugh at inappropriate times, and know way too much for their own good...but there is something more. They see it. They see it all...everyday...all day...

They hold secrets...pains...wounds...fears. They are hungry, tired, and lonely. They pass it off like they are tough, like they are big and bad, but really they are terrified. Really they just don't understand. Really they just need someone...anyone to show them love. It breaks my heart...

we pass it off like they know nothing
but really let me tell you something

these little ones with eyes open wide
keep big secrets by those who confide

they understand life in a way we can't
they see things at a different slant

we wander why the world is broken
yet we neglect those who go unspoken

the future of tomorrow lays
behind those big, bright, innocent eyes

so you tell me who will hold them
you tell me who will love them

those little ones with broken hearts
were never meant to be torn apart

so hold them Jesus, hold them tight
because I can't reach them day and night...

No comments:

Post a Comment